Please bookmark us and check back. NOCBAC can be contacted by e-mail at the following address: MIKE@NOCBAC.ORG

Monday, February 4, 2008

OH NO..Not Sheldon


I while back I wanted to learn to do a proper wheel truing. I was tired of bugging my friends (real bike mechanics) and I think they were tired of me bugging them too... So I asked the interweb in all its glory and where did it send me?? Yep.. to Sheldon Brown.

I'm sure everyone has a story like this or better like the time 10 years ago at interbike when I think I saw him walking down an isle, but couldn't decide if it would be in good practice to ask for his John Handcock..lol

Anyhow.. The man, the myth, the riding encyclopedia (I don't want to say walking encyclopedia) of everything bike is not with us anymore. May he RIP (Ride In Peace) and his wife Harriet have comfort.

Sheldon Brown 1944-2008

No comments:

ANY ONE CAN POST HERE If you would like to ad a topic please email me an edited version and I will post it. Thanks MIKE@NOCBAC.ORG